Pages

Wednesday 14 November 2012

DIY: Homemade Detox Drinks

Detox drinks are one one of the best things you can give your body. They cleanse your body from all the toxins, help you in losing weight, improve your skin, hair and nails, strengthen your immune system, give you more energy and improve your overall body functioning. Pretty great right?

I always drink a detox drink before i go to sleep, as my tummy is empty and the drink is more effective. Then in the morning I drink another one, at least half an hour before I eat breakfast. 

Lemon detox drink:

1 cup of warm water
Juice of half a lemon

Boil the water and let it cool so much that you can drink it without burning yourself (this is important because the nutrients in the lemon juice disappears if the water is hot). Add the lemon juice and stir it well. Then it´s ready! 


Pineapple detox drink:

100g of pineapple
1 cup low-fat milk
2 tbsp honey

Mix the ingredients in a mixer and drink immediately as the vitamins quickly disappear once the fruit has been processed. Pineapple is rich in bromelain which is very effective for weight loss.


Strawberry detox drink:

10-12 strawberries
1 cup pineapple juice
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 cup of water
2 tbsp honey

Mix the strawberries and pineapple juice in a blender. Add the rest of the ingredients and stir well. Ready!


Cinnamon and honey detox drink:

1 tbsp cinnamon
2 tbsp honey
1 cup of warm water

Pour the cinnamon in a cup and add the hot/warm water and let it soak for a while. When you are ready to drink it, add the honey and stir well. drink half the cup before you go to bed and the rest when you wake up. This drink burns several hundred calories!

I personally prefer using a cinnamon stick because i don´t like the feel of the cinnamon powder, but the drink is less effective this way. It´s up to you!




I don´t have to lose weight, but I do struggle with my skin and I find that these drinks do exactly what I need. When I´ve had a detox drink in the morning I have so much more energy all day.

Here are just a few recipes (my favourites) but the combinations you can do are endless, so if you want to experiment, just mix various fruits and vegetables that you like :)

Love, Heggie






2 comments:

  1. Which of these was your favorite? Someone else was recommending the simple Water with Lemon in it and I thought that sounded lovely (I love lemons!).

    Thanks,
    Di

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mix lemon and lime cut up in water and I love it. I just can't dink plain water anymore.

      Delete