Pages

Monday 12 November 2012

DIY: How to Brighten your Complexion


This is my daily routine to keep my complexion even and light. I have naturally very pale skin, but my face often gets red (I also have mild acne). My secret ingredient is turmeric. It´s actually a root similar to ginger, but is ground to a powder. this powder has been a common beauty must-have in India for several centuries, and I can understand why. It not only brightens your complexion, but also fights spots and gets rid os acne scars. Pretty great!

MY ROUTINE:

I mix a pinch of turmeric powder and 1 tbsp of milk in a little bowl. then apply the mixture to my face and rub it in like a facial cleanser. After approx. 1 min I wash it off and wash my face with a natural cleanser (I currently use one from REN). I follow up with a toner (homemade sea salt toner) and moisturise. 

Doing this every day keeps my skin really nice. Since I leave it on for such a short time. my skin doesn´t really get coloured yellow (which happens when you use to much turmeric for to long). any yellowish tone disappears with the face wash and toner.



Please comment if you´ve tried this and if it worked for you!

Love Heggie

No comments:

Post a Comment